Monday, May 5, 2008

Hei!

Time flies. Quickly. Events happen in a flash and then are gone. Our world demands things to be fast. Demands that we work our hours per week...

40... 50... 60?

That we take our two or three weeks per year off... as long as that's convenient for the company.
That we move in the established rhythms of the society flashing around us. That we don't really know our neighbours. We don't give a second thought to that person walking down the street. In fact, if you dare to meet eyes with that person in the street, society dictates we look away.

I realized once that this is not how I want to spend my life. I don't want to be completely disconnected from the people and world around me. I don't want to spend my life working however many hours a week making more money for a nameless corporation.

That my life was worth more than that.

So I took different paths. If it was expected of me to go one way, I'd go the other. If the things I believed in were thought of as crazy by my friends, by my family... I'd do them anyways. Staying true to my beliefs.

Which leads us to today. The beginning of this blog. The beginning of a story.

An interesting story I hope.

The interesting parts of this story at the moment are two:

One, this is not the beginning of the story. This story is already in progress. In time I will speak more of the beginnings of this story... but for now we'll join it as a work in progress.

Two, the story itself. This story is about myself and my wife. The two of us, as we learn more about ourselves, about each other... and about our eventual goal.

Our goal of moving from BC to Bergen.

I mean for this to cover more than just that... but that hopefully will be the common thread throughout. Why? How?

Questions for another time.

Today I will leave it at that and welcome you to the fold. I hope you enjoy our ride.

No comments: