Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving

Like most, I'll freely admit, I hate moving.

Yet it looks like that is what we're about to do again.

Now, the bigger move, the name of this blog... that's not something I'm worried about at this point. It's still a few years out. It's the mini-moves before that get to be too much.

We had planned to stay where we are for a few years... but then of course the circumstance changes. A few things we don't like, a commute that's a little too much, a landlord possibly selling the house...

So we have to take things into our own hands. Control our own fate before it gets chosen for us.

This means we're on the hunt.

The frustrating, annoying, barely hold onto your sanity hunt.

Our two sweet cats (well one of them is sweet anyways) become a major crutch in the epic quest. Every ad, no pets. No this, no that. I grit my teeth and move on.

The prices.

Let me say (and not be the first), Vancouver is insane. There are many reasons I'll always love Vancouver and yet not want to live here long term. Housing prices, definitely one of them. It's a whole other blog in itself.

So I get out my hunting spear, put on my loin cloth, cross my fingers and hope that we just happen to cross into that perfect pad.

Or even not half bad would be alright.

No comments: