Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Countdown


One morning I was feeling a little bored... This is an unusual thing, I rarely feel bored. Yet this one morning, things were very slow. Time was moving at half speed (which it never does when it should). So I started thinking about the trip.

A quick calculation later and suddenly I had a solid tangible countdown going on. Not days total, rather days of work left before Iceland.

The problem with this, I quickly realized, was that the count was freaking long. At that point I had 94 shifts to work.

94!

23.5 weeks.

Probably a little early to start my count.

So each day, when I got in to work, I'd knock another notch off the countdown. The same way a prisoner marks down, day after day, ticks on the cell wall to count the days.

Today though, I'm happy to say the count is actually at a reasonable number.

30.

The home stretch.

Just over 7 weeks until our next adventure begins.

Am I looking forward to it? Do ya think?



1 comment:

Grandma Simons said...

You're going to have SUCH a fabulous time!!!!